If you’re one of the many people passionate about St Austell perhaps you’re already planning a trip to the Festival on Saturday September 29 – that’s this week!
But we could still do with a few helpers to, well, help us out either on Friday 28 or Saturday 29.
Volunteers help contribute to a vibrant atmosphere whilst keeping visitors happy and safe; enabling everyone to enjoy the festival to the full.
Volunteer roles include:
- Setting up the festival: Helping to erect festival tents, installing equipment and putting up banners and festival posters
- Welcoming the public: Handing out programmes, talking to the public about the day’s events and where and when to find the activities on offer.
- Supporting artist workshops: Providing assistance to one of the many ‘hands on’ activities on offer, by helping artist leaders manage the workshop and help people get involved in the activities.
- Supporting festival management: Welcoming festival performers and stall holders, help the event run smoothly by responding to queries and solving unexpected issues.
- Taking the festival down: Helping pack down all the equipment and materials used during the day.
If you can give us three or four hours on either day we’d be hugely grateful for your help. And hey, you do get the TEAM 2018 T-shirt!
If you’d like to support the festival and sign up to join the team, please fill in the online formon the Whitegold website https://whitegold.org.uk/makeithappen/.
If you’d prefer to speak to someone first, contact Cat Radford on 07754 232285.