On September 29 St Austell will host its third Festival of Clay, Whitegold 2018. It’s going to be bigger and better, and more present across town than ever!
We are looking for a team of enthusiastic and dedicated local volunteers to help make Whitegold 2018 a huge success. The street festival comes after the peak holiday season and draws hundreds into the St Austell, as well as attracting local people to spend the day enjoying creative activities in the town centre.
Volunteers help contribute to a vibrant atmosphere whilst keeping visitors happy and safe; enabling everyone to enjoy the festival to the full.
Volunteer roles include:
- Setting up the festival: Helping to erect festival tents, installing equipment and putting up banners and festival posters.
- Welcoming the public: Handing out programmes, talking to the public about the day’s events and where and when to find the activities on offer.
- Supporting artist workshops: Providing assistance to one of the many ‘hands on’ activities on offer, by helping artist leaders manage the workshop and help people get involved in the activities.
- Supporting festival management: Welcoming festival performers and stall holders, help the event run smoothly by responding to queries and solving unexpected issues.
- Taking the festival down: Helping pack down all the equipment and materials used during the day.
Volunteers will be asked to give a minimum of 1 x 3 to 4 hour shift either on the day of the event or on the lead up to the festival.
If you’d like to support the festival and sign up to join the team, please fill in the online form. If you’d prefer to speak to someone first, contact Cat Radford on 07754 232285.